OAEC is a non-profit education center in Sonoma County that works to promote ecologically and culturally resilient communities. Learn more.
Garden Volunteer Days
2014 Garden Volunteering
Garden Volunteer Day is every Wednesday from 10 am to 5 pm except for the following dates:
- Nov. 26th (Thanksgiving Eve)
- Dec. 24th (Christmas Eve)
- Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve)
There is an organic, vegetarian lunch served for our volunteers at 12:30pm. You can come for all or just part of the day.
NOTE: Due to OAEC construction and kitchen shut-down, we ask that volunteers bring your own lunch June 4, 11th, 18th.
- We suggest you bring a hat, sunscreen, extra layers or rain gear depending on season, sturdy shoes and water bottle.
- We cannot accommodate a group of 6 people or more without prior arrangement.
- Please be mindful that the backcountry acreage and community hot-tub and sauna are not available to our garden volunteers.
- Children are welcome but must be able to participate. Please supervise your child at all times.
Applying for an internship?
To be considered for a garden internship, you MUST attend at least one Garden Volunteer Day at OAEC. Please introduce yourself to the garden staff and let them know you are applying.
For directions to OAEC, click here.
Please Garden Manager Doug Gosling with any questions or if you wish to come with a group of 6 or more: (707) 874-1557 x 105