OAEC is a non-profit education center in Sonoma County that works to promote ecologically and culturally sustainable communities. Learn more.
Starting and Sustaining Intentional Communities (April)
Offered: April 15 - 19, 2013
Time: Begins at 10:15 am on April 15th and ends at 4 pm on April 19th
Instructors: Dave Henson and Adam Wolpert with guests
Cost: $675/625 if registered three weeks in advance (includes meals and lodging). The deposit amount for this course is $200. For registration information, click here.
Do you dream of establishing a land-based intentional community or education center? This course is designed to help you actualize that dream.
Presentations and detailed hand-outs will cover topics such as:
- how to find land and finance a purchase
- the various legal forms available for holding land (limited liability company, corporation, land trust, etc.)
- organizing as a for-profit or a nonprofit
- group decision-making process (meetings, agreements, facilitation, agenda management, conflict resolution)
- financial organization of your community
- legal and insurance issues and costs
- dealing with zoning and regulations
- long-term planning.
We will also tour OAEC’s community and educational center, including our gardens, permaculture projects, natural buildings, and the community’s kitchen and food system.
For a more detailed description of our facilities, including information on what to bring, visit our Participant's Information page.
Click here for directions.